• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA Kentucky .45 percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deaf Smith

32 Cal
Reaction score
I got this CVA Kentucky .45 percussion pistol at an estate sale. Not sure the twist rate but I normally use patched balls... I saw these 194 grain .45 bullets for sale. Used plastic skirt on bottom.

Do you guys think they would work in it or is the twist to slow? The look like these below but have a hollow point.

1642637489406.png

No, the Kentucky is 1/66 twist. Why do you want to use those copper and plastic bullets which we don't talk about here, go to our sister site www.modernmuzzleloader.com they can help you better. If you want to use round balls, which this twist will probably do better with (and be a lot cheaper), we can help you here. Even if you want to hunt with them the round ball is more then enough to easily kill a deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back