• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED CVA Kentuckey pistol guard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

dynabase

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a CVA Kentucky pistol kit with a broken trigger guard. Looking for a replacement. The previous owner tried to tighten it down without fitting the wood properly and it snaped at the rear screw hole. I guess I could superglue it or find someone that could braze it. I am open to suggestions.

Reaction score

Unfortunately they are sold out of the trigger guard but they are the best source of CVA parts out there. That seems to have happened to a lot of the kits and you may have to braze it.

deermanok

32 Cal.
Reaction score
The Gun Works/Muzzleloading Emporium catalog shows a Traditions Kentucky pistol trigger guard. It looks about the same as the CVA.
Maybe give them a call. Very nice people to do business with.

Reaction score
The Gun Works/Muzzleloading Emporium catalog shows a Traditions Kentucky pistol trigger guard. It looks about the same as the CVA.
Maybe give them a call. Very nice people to do business with.
Just ordered a guard and trigger for an incomplete older CVA kit from the Gun Works...was the only place I found that had them.

Would also say they were the nicest people -top notch business.

Last edited:

dynabase

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The broken one that I is brass colored and since I bought 2 of these guns I would prefer they match but if I can't find a match or can't repair this one I will go with what I can find. Harleynut if you find one I would appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks again all.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The broken one that I is brass colored and since I bought 2 of these guns I would prefer they match but if I can't find a match or can't repair this one I will go with what I can find. Harleynut if you find one I would appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks again all.
I will look today and see what i have

Latest posts