• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cva hawken stuck ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all the help guys it just gets annoying when people put up posts that aren’t in any way helpful. The dawn was an excellent idea and worked excellent . I did one last tug before the grease gun works perfectly

Just in case there is a next time, you don't have to find a matching thread to screw the zerk fitting in. A pointed Plews type (05-045) style held against the nipple or cleanout will work great whether it is percussion or cap lock.

Just in case there is a next time, you don't have to find a matching thread to screw the zerk fitting in. A pointed Plews type (05-045) style held against the nipple or cleanout will work great whether it is percussion or cap lock.
Strangely I have never managed to do this I bought it for 20 bucks because the dealer was afraid of it. There’s crusty powder in the breech that I keep dumping out after breaking it up just having trouble with clearing it. There’s a blockage between the drum and breech soaking in ballistol now

If people would use the search function, others probably would not post annoying posts. It is a joke around here about stuck balls. There is usually one or two threads started about it per month. We may get three this month since this thread is so early in the month. :ghostly:

If people would use the search function, others probably would not post annoying posts. It is a joke around here about stuck balls. There is usually one or two threads started about it per month. We may get three this month since this thread is so early in the month. :ghostly:
True but then again we can always skip over posts we don't want to read or reply to as well.

Strangely I have never managed to do this I bought it for 20 bucks because the dealer was afraid of it. There’s crusty powder in the breech that I keep dumping out after breaking it up just having trouble with clearing it. There’s a blockage between the drum and breech soaking in ballistol now
Amazing how many times this happens. I frequent a bunch of the local pawn shops looking for muzzleloaders I may be able to save if the price is right. Unfortunately anymore everyone thinks they are still worth a fortune as wall hangers in cabins and etc.

or we can keep this one going as long as the popcorn lasts!
Brianc, use hot soapy water to dissolve the crusty mess. certainly not going to hurt the gun in that condition and will shorten the agony of cleaning someone else's mess.

or we can keep this one going as long as the popcorn lasts!
Brianc, use hot soapy water to dissolve the crusty mess. certainly not going to hurt the gun in that condition and will shorten the agony of cleaning someone else's mess.
Boiling water from a tea kettle is doing well but the flash channel is still clogged I usually give these to the 4h as I had a great time with them as a child. I’m going to lap the bore and probably donate it . My grandpa built several long rifles so honestly I cannot say I even really had a production muzzle loader. First custom flintlock at 13. Never did dry ball one.

tongue in cheek. Just because you were raised with custom long rifles, you aren't a real muzzleloader unless you have
1. stuck a ball part way home
2. broke off your ramrod while trying to extract said stuck ball.
3 broke off a drill bit trying to get the stuck ball screw out of the stuck ball.
4. epoxied a range rod to the bore trying to get the broken drill bit out of the stuck ball screw that is stuck in the stuck ball halfway down the bore.
5.stripped off the cleanout screw on your drum trying to trickle ffffg in sufficient amount to shoot the above mess out of the gummed up barrel.
6 started a thread asking if the ffffg is going to blow up your barrel.
7 started a thread for each of the above.
8 started a thread asking how to remove the breach plug so you can get the ffffg out of the barrel and drive all the above out with a piece of rebar 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓

as you are a flintlocker, half of #5 doesn't apply to you!

glad you are salvaging the rifle! i get much satisfaction it giving new life to a neglected gun.

tongue in cheek. Just because you were raised with custom long rifles, you aren't a real muzzleloader unless you have
1. stuck a ball part way home
2. broke off your ramrod while trying to extract said stuck ball.
3 broke off a drill bit trying to get the stuck ball screw out of the stuck ball.
4. epoxied a range rod to the bore trying to get the broken drill bit out of the stuck ball screw that is stuck in the stuck ball halfway down the bore.
5.stripped off the cleanout screw on your drum trying to trickle ffffg in sufficient amount to shoot the above mess out of the gummed up barrel.
6 started a thread asking if the ffffg is going to blow up your barrel.
7 started a thread for each of the above.
8 started a thread asking how to remove the breach plug so you can get the ffffg out of the barrel and drive all the above out with a piece of rebar 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓

as you are a flintlocker, half of #5 doesn't apply to you!

glad you are salvaging the rifle! i get much satisfaction it giving new life to a neglected gun.
Actually only reason I mess with thes is the 4h kids. I got a kick out of this one though

T
I just picked this up but loaded , no idea for how long, loaded with what, dry balled is possible no way to know. I was able to get a ball pulling jag on my solid range rod and it WILL NOT budge! Any advice? It’s missing the nipple I thought of trickling some 4f and using cannon fuse to see if it would blow out but not knowing how it’s loaded I’m afraid that’s a bad idea. C02 discharge was a waste and did nothing. I appreciate the help
There needs to be a nipple in the gun in order for a co2 discharger to work. The gun looks like it wasn't taken care of. Be careful when you shoot it.

Back