• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cva hawken stuck ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did this happen? Where is the article in the newspaper? Where is the documentation? If he removed the bolt why didn't the extractor pull the case leaving only the bullet in the riflings? What set off the powder charge?
It has been many years since I read it so I don't have the information. However the extractor slipped off the brass and would not pull the case. My understanding is the powder was slightly compressed and ramming the rod down to the bullet ignited te powder.

That scenario sounds hard to believe. In that case, if you dropped a case and the bullet landed straight down, it would go off.

Where is the source of ignition?

Bouncing a ramrod would set off powder in a barrel then.

That scenario sounds hard to believe. In that case, if you dropped a case and the bullet landed straight down, it would go off.

Where is the source of ignition?

Bouncing a ramrod would set off powder in a barrel then.
We could test this by using an anvil and a hammer. Pour a few grains of powder on an anvil and smack it. I'm betting on no ignition.

I just picked this up but loaded , no idea for how long, loaded with what, dry balled is possible no way to know. I was able to get a ball pulling jag on my solid range rod and it WILL NOT budge! Any advice? It’s missing the nipple I thought of trickling some 4f and using cannon fuse to see if it would blow out but not knowing how it’s loaded I’m afraid that’s a bad idea. C02 discharge was a waste and did nothing. I appreciate the help
Take the other end of the range rod and put it in a vise or wedge the handle behind something and pull that bad boy out! I have put mine in a chain link fence before to do it.

Back