• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cva Hawken guys! Need advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastleo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I’m not a cva guy but I picked up a complete Cva hawken stock with lock that needs barreled. It needs to be a 15/16 barrel with a button breech. My main question, is there any other barrel options that will work besides the cva? I found new in the white barrel on eBay for what I consider reasonable but it’s bare without sights and other needed parts. I appreciate any opinions on what I can do and where I can find it.

Unless he’s just plumb unreasonable on his price, I’d get the one the feller offered ya in yer ‘wanted’ ad.

I’m not a cva guy but I picked up a complete Cva hawken stock with lock that needs barreled. It needs to be a 15/16 barrel with a button breech. My main question, is there any other barrel options that will work besides the cva? I found new in the white barrel on eBay for what I consider reasonable but it’s bare without sights and other needed parts. I appreciate any opinions on what I can do and where I can find it.
You should have no problem getting a barrel, but it depends on his asking price for the CVA Hawken.

With enough time, effort and money about anything can be made to 'work'. To be a 'drop-in' there's about a half-dozen CVA barrels that'd fit. And if you find a CVA barrel with the hooked breechplug remove one screw & replace the button tang with a hook tang.

With enough time, effort and money about anything can be made to 'work'. To be a 'drop-in' there's about a half-dozen CVA barrels that'd fit. And if you find a CVA barrel with the hooked breechplug remove one screw & replace the button tang with a hook tang.

That’s actually something I was thinking about, so if I get a hook breech tang i can use a hook breech barrel with no other fit issues? I’d like to know what the half dozen other models are so I can expand my eBay searches. That’s where I generally find parts.

I have a little experience with these CVA rifles...

If your stock is a single key half stock then the Mountain Stalker, Bobcat, and the Pioneer rifle will all drop right into that stock. And I suspect any of their 15/16" half stock single key rifles will work also. Ardesa made them and they didn't really depart far from the basics for any of their stuff.

I have a little experience with these CVA rifles...

If your stock is a single key half stock then the Mountain Stalker, Bobcat, and the Pioneer rifle will all drop right into that stock. And I suspect any of their 15/16" half stock single key rifles will work also. Ardesa made them and they didn't really depart far from the basics for any of their stuff.
Thanks for the info, it’s exactly what I’m looking for!

It will take another 50-60 bucks to complete the barrel with factory parts. You will need the barrel rib, 3 rib screws, 2 thimbles and screws, 2 under lugs and a set of sights.

I saw on eBay they have a 15/16 barrel in 54 cal.It’s a new barrel but it’s bare and in the white. Lots to think about, it’s starting to be a fun project.

Back