• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED CVA blunderbuss

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking for a CVA blunderbuss

Attachments

• cva.jpg
    cva.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 43
Get the traditions kit. I built one this winter. (still haven't had a chance to shoot it due to schedules and all)
Went together in a snap. Inletting needed only about 3-5 minutes with a dremel to touch it up a hair.
Took me all of a few minutes to put it all together once the stock was stained and cured.

I'm probably going to order the traditions kit in the future but I'm looking for that older CVA blunderbuss. Attached below is what the traditions one looks like that is currently on sale.

Attachments

• traditions-flintlock-blunderbuss-kit-rifle-54-caliber-kr510_1200x400.jpg
    traditions-flintlock-blunderbuss-kit-rifle-54-caliber-kr510_1200x400.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 22
Dixie imported a brass barrel blunderbuss back in the 70s, possibly longer. It was available completed or a kit and they stocked parts for years. I believe it was made in India. I've never seen either the Dixie or CVA offered for sale used.

I didn’t like the look of the Tradition version. It looks like a funnel added not integrated.. nearly bought one on sale from midway.

Looking for a CVA blunderbuss
I assume you are looking for a Dutch or English version, late 1600 to early 1700?
Loyalist Arms carries a couple different versions, they are India guns but built and inspected by Loyalist's own gunsmiths.
I have their Dutch Doglock version and it fires well.
There is...or was..an American company, Verteran owned and operated, that make blunderbuss', they had some good ratings but I can't recall their name??

I have not seen any of the CVA ones but Loyalist Arms' is near identical.

Attachments

• Old-Cracked-Wood-Frame.jpg
    Old-Cracked-Wood-Frame.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 20
I've seen a lot of sold ones. From what I've been able to find out, it was available as a kit, possibly 70s-80s. CVA/Connecticut Valley Arms, made in Spain. .69 caliber.
I'd still love to find one.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 4
  • value-r-787256.jpg
    value-r-787256.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 6
  • CVAblunderbus 001.jpg
    CVAblunderbus 001.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 8
  • cva.jpg