• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD CVA .58 Big Bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should a looked at the forum before taking Mrs. to work. Darn. They are rare as hens teeth and in much demand for PA's flintlock season.

A number of you fellas have mentioned excuses a person might offer when something like this shows up... feel free to share! I’m asking for a friend...

My biggest fear is that when I pass, she will sell them for what I said I paid.

I see this quote right often and it makes zero sense to me. After I’m dead sell it for whatever you can get, throw it in the trash, burn it, give it away. Stuff left behind is gonna be the least of my worries. And it ain’t like I’d be takin’ the money with me.

A number of you fellas have mentioned excuses a person might offer when something like this shows up... feel free to share! I’m asking for a friend...

I have a different problem. For 50 years my wife has been my favorite hunting, fishing and shooting bud. When a new gun comes through the door it's a good idea to hide it for a while, just so I get to shoot it a little before she takes it over! :confused:

Many guys are less than truthful when it comes to what their purchases cost. I am aware of one horrible case in which an acquaintance told his wife that he paid $300 for his brand new custom flintlock rifle from Brad Emich at Creek Side. I waited until a month or two after the funeral and while fixing a light switch for her, I asked about the gun and said when she was ready, I would give her a fair price for it. After six months, I saw the son and asked about it. I told the son, I would give $2,000 for it probably worth more, but that is what I could afford. He called me 20 minutes later and said that the widow said she sold it for twice what was paid, $600. She also sold his 1960 Corvette with less than 60k miles for $1,200.00. The Son had her removed as executor and took over the estate. The car was sold at auction a few months later for over $40,000 and I know the guy that got the rifle and he brags about how he offered so little and she snapped it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back