• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA 54 cal Frontier Hunter 24" barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Couldn't resist to get a "small bore"54 cal carbine (all of my carbines are 58 cal) It is a CVA Frontier Hunter with a 24" barrel and laminate stock. 1 - 48" twist I also got 60 CVA "DeerSlayer" 380 grain bullets tossed in the deal. I have read that they shoot well out of the CVA's.

From what I have read, they only imported these Spanish made guns early in the company history and only for a short while. The serial number indicates it was made by Armas Ardesa (61) and made in 1995 (the 95 at the end. 13 means muzzleloader the the rest is the "serial"

This one looks unfired to me based upon the nipple area. But it doesn't matter, I am a sucker for carbines and the price wasn't oppressive. More when I have this little darling in my hands

cva1.jpgfrontier hunter.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I recently acquired a CVA Missouri. 54 cal. 1/48 twist 26 inch barrel.
Very accurate with the 530 ball and 80 grains of Swiss 3f. 70 grains of Triple 7 2f works good too.

Looks very similar to my CVA Lynx .54

Same vintage from what little info on the lynx i can find

Last edited:
Most of the European companies make a short barreled rifle of .50 and .54. I had a Traditions .50 X 24" rifle for over 20 years that accounted for lots of deer size game. My only .54 has a 33" tube and is a marvel.

Found a great source for CVA deerstalker 375 grain conicals in 54. Going to work those up and see what I can find...CVA recommended 100 grains of ffg (back in the day)

Latest posts

Back