• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA 12 gauge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
May have been discussed before but would like recent opinions. What are thoughts on CVA 12 gauge ML shotgun? Would be used primarily for turkeys using Skychief's shot load. Also wondering about price range. Thank you for any help.

Very serviceable guns. It will do what you want it to. Don't commit to skychief's load off the bat. It has done nothing for me, something you just need to try for yourself.

I own 2 of them, ive gotten limits of squirrel and dove taken a few hogs with them, i wouldnt hesitate to buy another

I own 2 of them, ive gotten limits of squirrel and dove taken a few hogs with them, i wouldnt hesitate to buy another

I put a CVA SXS kit together for my brother about 15 years ago and I added a steel butt cap that I made. I thought they were OK and shot good it was cylinder both barrels - no choke. For my taste I have a Navy Arms Pietta 12 gauge and two Pedersoli's on 12 and one 10 gauge. The Navy Arms is lighter as as such swings faster but the Pedersoli can handle heaver charges.

I'd buy a CVA if the price was right and it was in VERY, VERY GOOD condition :thumb: :ghostly::ThankYou:

Back