Quantcast

CVA 12 Gauge SxS Value?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Timber Wolf

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Personal taste, to me the scroll work and engraving was ugly, cheesy and cheap.
I have that same shotgun, put together from a kit by me many, many years ago. I tend to agree about the engraving on the lock, although I did not think about it much until I read your comment.

vintovka

Pilgrim
Reaction score
The CVA are ok. Stout but not as graceful and light like my pedersoli. Not sure i have seen any CVA's with a factory installed steel buttplate. I still think removing the goofy engraving and careful browning might fetch top dollar for OP. FWIW The single barrel CVA 12 must be extremely rare as i have only seen one for sale in 30+ years.

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
If you can find a SxS for under $400 you're doing good. Mainly because they just don't come up real often. I would ask $400 for the CVA and see what you get offered. Pietta's and Navy Arms go for 500+ in my neck of the woods

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Personal taste, to me the scroll work and engraving was ugly, cheesy and cheap.
I hear you, and I think whoever ends up with this gun may appreciate your efforts. I bought a Traditions Philly derringer a couple years back, just because I got a great deal on it and thought it would be a fun little plinker. I had it in my possession for all of two weeks before I just couldn't stand the similarly cheesy designs on the lock plate and hammer, so I took it apart and spent quite a long time removing it all. I also refinished the stock from the orangey factory finish to a nice dark brown while I was at it. The little gun actually looks fairly cool now, rather than like the toy percussion pistol I had as a kid in the '70s. :thumb:

Latest posts