• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA 12 GAUGE MUZZLELOADING SHOTGUN KIT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As it came to me so many decades ago. Complete in original box all there all new condition. Wern't many made and virtually none seen for sale any where. Very High quality. $650 shipped.
20190627_163612.jpg
20190627_163805.jpg

Are the metal pieces blued , and the Locks silver color as in the picture on the box ?
12 guage with fixed chokes ?

Kit is as it was made with polished engraved locks, barrels and other parts ect. Locks are nice with full bridles and i think flys. Been shrink wrapped for shipment and to keep original packing and paperwork together. Offered here first because their are some really talented forum members who could really do this right. From past experience kits like this go much higher on net this fall.

Attachments

• 20190627_163812.jpg
    20190627_163812.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 20190627_165237.jpg
    20190627_165237.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 175
If it is like my CVA Double barrel 12 guage (and it looks identical), both barrels are cylinder bored.

Can you tell if the barrels are chromed?
I ask because I would want to have them jug-choked, and no one will do that work on chrome lined bores because the plating is so hard that it ruins the cutters.

Here again, I don't have vintovka's gun kit in hand but it is identical to the CVA 12 guage I own. It does not have chrome plating in the bores.
The outside diameter of the barrels, 3 inches from the muzzle is .850". The bores at the muzzle of my gun measure .720". That makes the barrel wall thickness in the area where a jug choke would be made, .065".

I don't know if there is enough wall for a jug choke to be made but I can say, these thin barrels are light weight and very easy to swing on flying game birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back