• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA 12 Gauge Locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about problems with the locks on CVA 12 ga. What was the problem and how did you fix it? This is research.

well
only a couple that i remember
one was the main spring weakening
and the other was the sear could break. this was mostly from people feathering the trip screw in to tight. not all CVA locks have that little screw , if the ones you have do just dont tighten it down so much that it will not allow the sear to seat good in the full cock notch.
You should have the big heavy hammers on the 12 so the problem of the lighter hammers bending shouldn

I used to have a double barrel CVA 12 GA shotgun. The main springs where so weak, it wouldnt snap the cap. I changed both main springs, seemed to solve the problem. Ended up trading off for a T/C NEW ENGLANDER with a .54 and a 12 ga.barrel. I did order an extra set of springs for stock, still sitting in the gun cabinet. I must have orderd 2 other springs for the lock, a lh sear (?).I also have 2 used nipples. If your interested in the parts,let me know.
I will send them to you for the cost of shipping, they have been in the gun cabinet for 10 + years.

I must have orderd 2 other springs for the lock, a lh sear (?).I also have 2 used nipples. If your interested in the parts,let me know.
I will send them to you for the cost of shipping, they have been in the gun cabinet for 10 + years.

My e-mail is [email protected] send me your e-mail. I will give you my address. Will be happy to pay your shipping. Thanks.

Back