• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Custom Hand Crafted, Rich McDonald, 1779-1790 Early Virginia Style Flintlock Longrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Removed until after re-coup from surgery. Will re-post at a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_5476.JPG
    IMG_5476.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_5474.JPG
    IMG_5474.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_5480.JPG
    IMG_5480.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_5495.JPG
    IMG_5495.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_5479.JPG
    IMG_5479.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_5504.JPG
    IMG_5504.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_5484.JPG
    IMG_5484.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_5496.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_5488.JPG
    IMG_5488.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_5507.JPG
    IMG_5507.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Very nice, wish it was .58!

Build a wooden box to ship it in. You can use 1x4 and 1x6 lumber, cedar will save on weight. Not hard to do, but it’s the only way to prevent damage.

Wood is crazy expensive. Was thinking of just buying a mid priced Rifle padded Hard case. Have to see who makes one long enough. Realize I want to be discrete, but figure I could wrap it in brown paper wrap after that with back up labels under the paper wrap just in case. It would be worth the investment without the extra weight. Maybe an extra $100 for the case.

That’s a good idea also. My box is 2x4 frame with 1/4” plywood top and bottom. Rifle wrapped in bubble and news paper inside. Last time I shipped it empty it was $36.

Cheap compared to a broken rifle (which I got in the mail yesterday.)

Great looking gun and well priced!

That’s a good idea also. My box is 2x4 frame with 1/4” plywood top and bottom. Rifle wrapped in bubble and news paper inside. Last time I shipped it empty it was $36.

Cheap compared to a broken rifle (which I got in the mail yesterday.)

Great looking gun and well priced!

I know exactly what gun that was. I got a bad feeling off of that guy. He has a few others for sale. Have gotten a few broken guns from here, including the last one I got.

I also have known the maker for years, have commissioned several belt knives from him beginning in the 90's. I've always wanted a rifle by Rich, if I were able I'd buy it this very moment. Good luck with your listing!

PS- Jeanne's leather work is nothing short of museum quality.

Thank you.

Back