Custom Flintlock Questions?

Discussion in 'Flintlock Rifles' started by Ranger94, Jan 4, 2020.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 4, 2020 #1

Ranger94

Ranger94

Ranger94

32 Cal

Hello Everyone,
    My apologies, I am sure this has been discussed numerous times in the past, but I did not have any luck with a search. I am interested in upgrading from my Lyman Great Plains flintlock rifle. I would like to go the semi-custom/custom arena. Probably looking to spend around $2,000. Main purpose would be hunting in PA/NJ, as well as, range time. I am not looking to be historically correct and am not looking for a wall hanger. I think I want a .50 cal jaeger flintlock. I travel the NorthEast on a regular basis, from Philly to Boston, thus any custom manufacturers in that area I could visit. Do any of you have any suggestions for a custom maker from Philly through New England.

Thanks again, and my apologies I am sure this has been covered.

Ranger94

2. Jan 4, 2020 #2

Grimord

Grimord

Grimord

Fyrstyk MLF Supporter

You could stop by "Hunters Rendezvous" in Pepernell MA. They usually have quite a few custom guns, (flint & Perc) in the shop. The owner is kind of quirky, but he knows his stuff.

Brokennock likes this.
  3. Jan 5, 2020 #3

Spikebuck

Spikebuck

Spikebuck

69 Cal. MLF Supporter

Ranger, you'll never regret getting a well-made custom flint lock. Keep in mind that you may be looking at a year to up to three years to get it depending on what builder you select and how busy they are. Don't let that discourage you, just be aware.

I'm sure there are all kinds of builders in the NE...not sure how many do Jaegers.

Roy Stroh is in Maine. I see he lists a Jaeger he built. Roy has a very good reputation:
    http://www.roystroh.com/

Dave Person is in Vermont and posts here frequently. He's Dave_Person on this forum. If you want to see Dave's exceptional work, look at his posts in the Gunbuilder's forum.

Cabin Creek is in Hallem, PA.
    https://cabincreek.net/

There's a few to start you on your way. Good luck!

4. Jan 5, 2020 #4

Ranger94

Ranger94

Ranger94

32 Cal

Thanks Spikebuck - that is exactly what I was looking for!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted