• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CT group

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up for a gathering this spring. I need to see how it's all done. Anywhere in CT. I belong to Rockville but their rifle range sucks for anything but bench shooting because of blocking and Wolcott Land owners where the rifle range is tiny...

If you put together a shoot this Spring, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing some of you at our NY-VT Border shoot in April. See notice in the Public Events forum.

ADK Bigfoot
Whitehall (NY) Fish and Game

I'm up for a gathering this spring. I need to see how it's all done. Anywhere in CT. I belong to Rockville but their rifle range sucks for anything but bench shooting because of blocking and Wolcott Land owners where the rifle range is tiny...
Rockville and Wolcott are pretty far apart. Which do you live closer to?
I'm a member at Bristol Fish & Game and at Sprague Rod & Gun, also, very far apart. Bristol's guest policy makes it problematic to have more than 2 of us unless some of the group are also members. Sprague's guest policy is less restrictive, but the rifle range is small (width wise) and pretty primitive,,,, also far for those of us northwest of Hartford.

Also, what do you mean by this?
Are you just getting started and haven't shot yet?
I'm in West Hartford and yes, I am fresh out of the gate with little to no experience other than some 1860 revolver time, reading and vids.
There's a guru at Wolcott that I know of but haven't hooked up, he's kinda inactive. But I'm pretty much in the middle of the two clubs
I'm affiliated with atm.

I'm in West Hartford and yes, I am fresh out of the gate with little to no experience other than some 1860 revolver time, reading and vids.
There's a guru at Wolcott that I know of but haven't hooked up, he's kinda inactive. But I'm pretty much in the middle of the two clubs
I'm affiliated with atm.
Okay.
I think I probably know the guy in Wolcott, if it's who I'm thinking of he works part time at Sportsman's Outpost. Good guy.
If we got together to get you started which club is best for you?
Despite the distance, Sprague is my 1st choice for the clubs I'm a member of. But if one of your clubs is equally accommodating I'm not against it.

I called the Wolcott club and left a request for the fellow club member's name who is black powder savvy. I have no problem coming to Sprague... May have a chance to see if an old EB worker buddy is still there in Baltic. Let me know when you would like to do this.

looks like some nice weather coming up and the range is usually empty during the week.
(and you’ll bring the flinter I fell for… please)

looks like some nice weather coming up and the range is usually empty during the week.
(and you’ll bring the flinter I fell for… please)
Looks like my best two days, Weds or Friday are the worst two days, 😆
Screenshot_20230325-100742_The Weather Channel.jpg

I could probably make Monday work, and this week could do Thursday afternoon. I'm usually done in Torrington on Thursday by 10:00 or 11:00

Latest posts

Back