• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CT group

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there are folks shooting BP every Sunday am or is it only what’s on the calendar? I would be interested in coming down one Sunday
Our scheduled shoots are on the calendar. At our outdoor range there could be BP shooters on any given Sunday, but shooting only targets they bring.

I have a flexible schedule and
Hi, I live in central CT and own acreage in the North West corner, I would be interested in some primitive matches. Retired here so any day is fine, thanks
i was just up in Salisbury yesterday hiking Bear mtn with my daughter. It’s a beautiful part of the state

Weather looks great for tomorrow, so-o-o . . .

Heading for The Millerton Gun Club with a firestick or two, for some “exercise”!

It would be nice to find some open property to shoot on.
Your club only allows two guests, mine only allows one. Both are covered/enclosed.
At least at mine no one seems to mind if I step back behind the covered area to load where there is light. Not really a possibility at yours.
Maybe I'll ask if they have any ideas for a place while I'm at Autumn Gun Works next time.

As I have said before, you all are welcome at our Niantic Sportsmen's Club Black Powder shoots. The next one is scheduled for Sunday April 3rd. Registration is from 9-10 am, and shooting begins around 10. This shoot will be a trail walk with approximately 16-18 targets at various ranges sizes and types. A free camp lunch is provided at the end of the shoot. Only $10 registration fee. Lead projectiles only, and it is requested that loads be kept to 80 grains and under. Any modern or traditional gun is permitted along with any type of sighting equipment. There are no categories for the various type of guns, you compete with all the shooters. There are now prizes, just bragging rights. A good time is had by all. Only hope the weather is nice for shooting.

As I have said before, you all are welcome at our Niantic Sportsmen's Club Black Powder shoots. The next one is scheduled for Sunday April 3rd. Registration is from 9-10 am, and shooting begins around 10. This shoot will be a trail walk with approximately 16-18 targets at various ranges sizes and types. A free camp lunch is provided at the end of the shoot. Only $10 registration fee. Lead projectiles only, and it is requested that loads be kept to 80 grains and under. Any modern or traditional gun is permitted along with any type of sighting equipment. There are no categories for the various type of guns, you compete with all the shooters. There are now prizes, just bragging rights. A good time is had by all. Only hope the weather is nice for shooting.
I am planning to come down on April 3rd for the shoot. If any of the other northerners want to tag along, that would be great. I have plenty of room

Thank you for the invitation.

We have the facilities at my club and we at one time had regular events.
Be nice to have multiple options in the state again, we have enough clubs.

I am limited to one non-family guest at a time at the club where I go. The range is also quite small: only 5 or 6 shooting positions, though generally open and fairly flexible about muzzle loaders. It's a good club, but not the kind of place where you'd have a large group shoot. It's kind of sparse in terms of places to load from a box.

If I had the resources, I'd purchase property and do a dedicated muzzleloader range. It can be tough if you're working with a flintlock and you have a couple guys next to you banging out AR rounds one after the other. I was a muzzleloader club officer when I lived in Virginia and the best matches were those when we had only muzzleloaders on the line.

I am planning to come down on April 3rd for the shoot. If any of the other northerners want to tag along, that would be great. I have plenty of room
Be sure to ask for me. By the way, if you were to come down here early, our club has a great breakfast menu at very reasonable prices. They start serving breakfast at 7:30 to 10:00. Plenty of free coffee too!.

I'm going to make an effort to finally get to this.

Be sure to ask for me. By the way, if you were to come down here early, our club has a great breakfast menu at very reasonable prices. They start serving breakfast at 7:30 to 10:00. Plenty of free coffee too!.
Right now it looks doubtful that I will male it ☹️
If I do, whom do I ask for? Do you go by your screen name?

Back