• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CRKT Tomahawk Modification

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After seeing the incredible CRKT tomahawk modifications by @Shiloh1944 and @DOUBLEDEUCE 1 I decided to try modifying one. I'd like to try a more elaborate modification at some point but for now I wanted a beater hawk for daily carry. I decided to try CRKTs Nobo tomahawk for my first attempt.

Here's how it looked at 3:00PM yesterday. Its not a bad looking hawk but its "polished/commercial" appearance wouldn't look right with my muzzleloading gear.

Kitchen Mora and Tomahawks CRKT Mod 013.JPG

Here's how it looked at 10:00 PM after stripping the finish, some file work and four applications of Laurel Mountain Forge browning solution. I also removed the finish from the handle and stained it.

Kitchen Mora and Tomahawks CRKT Mod 063.JPG

Kitchen Mora and Tomahawks CRKT Mod 044.JPG

Kitchen Mora and Tomahawks CRKT Mod 068.JPG

I spent some time sharpening it after the browning was finished last night. The edge isn't where I want it to be yet but its getting there. Its turning out some decent shavings/curls. I can see how modding these could be addictive. I'm going to have to get some pointers from @Shiloh1944 for my next attempt. Thanks for looking!

Kitchen Mora and Tomahawks CRKT Mod 094.JPG

Back