• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Crispy Forehead

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the hole in the nipple perhaps it was manufactured with a oversized hole or maybe it was drilled oversize by someone who may have prior purchased it and returned it. ( unknown manufacture should be the first clue)
Tinhorn sez- try a acetylene torch tip cleaner in a known good nipple, then try it in yours. Might be larger?

Hopefully you don’t get any, but if you do, I’d call that confirmation lol
3 out of three have been removed. i will just clean the stocks! they all gave me freckles from flash back. loosened the nipples and changed positions. same same.
good part was i got to shoot 3 guns x20 shots each. had to be sure you know! :D

So I had this issue with my kit built crocket .32 as well. It was the first kit I put together. I noticed a few weeks ago that the hammer wasn’t striking the cap flush. It was off center a bit. I heated the hammer with a torch and tweaked it a bit and the spraying sparks went away.

Back