• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Creative Ignition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are numerous YouTube videos about makingyour own caps. Some guys have experimented with about every possible combination.

I picked up 6 tins of CCI #11 at the Forks of The Delaware/Allentown gun show today. Paid $10.00/tin and didn’t care. And I have a #11 cap maker on the way from .22 Sharpshooter soon hopefully.

I have the cap maker from 22sharpshooter.com and it works good. The caps aren't pretty but work good. I have used paper roll caps cut to fit {2 per cap} or you can get priming compound from 22sharp shooter

I have the priming compound on the way as well as rolls of paper caps. Vacationing with the family each summer the kids would go into an old school toy store and pick out something for themselves. (Hermit crabs sometimes) I’d make sure I always picked out something as well. (Paper caps)

My #11 cap maker should be delivered this afternoon. I paid $50 (shipping included) for the tool. I have read that people that have bought the tool and made caps are getting nearly 100% ignition, depending on the method they use for charging them.

DW

USPS strikes again. Maybe it will be here tomorrow.

DW

Walked into what's probably the southern most gun shop in the world in Invercargill New Zealand last week and while looking around asked the attendant, you wouldn`t have any #11 percussion caps would you. He just replied behind you. Sitting on the shelf was 3 boxes of CCI #11`s. I mentioned you must be the last shop in New Zealand with them, he replied yeh probably not many shoot black powder around here. I bought 2 packets , thought about it over night and went back and bought the rest of the box so 10 packets. Left 2 boxes on the shelf for someone else.

Walked into what's probably the southern most gun shop in the world in Invercargill New Zealand last week and while looking around asked the attendant, you wouldn`t have any #11 percussion caps would you. He just replied behind you. Sitting on the shelf was 3 boxes of CCI #11`s. I mentioned you must be the last shop in New Zealand with them, he replied yeh probably not many shoot black powder around here. I bought 2 packets , thought about it over night and went back and bought the rest of the box so 10 packets. Left 2 boxes on the shelf for someone else.
Is Bert Munros house still standin there?

Since I shoot flint almost exclusively I don't need a lot of caps. But a few years ago I ordered a brick (1,000 #11) and also acquired a few hundred musket caps. They should last me a long time no more than I shoot them.

Back