• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crazy Crow Merchandise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirglip

32 Cal
Reaction score
Anyone have any insight on the moccasins available at Crazy Crow..? Specifically, the Taos styled and the Wyandot hunters. I was originally going to order a pair from Arrow Moccasins but their phones have been disconnected so I assume they are out of business. Carl Dyer's are way too expensive. I don't have any buckskin or other tanned leather to make my own but I can get some and do so if I have to. Just wanted a pair to wear most days here in the Ozarks. Anyone have a line on a good quality moccasin maker at a reasonable price, I would appreciate the info as well.

Also has anyone used the canvas bolts available at crazy crow. I was going to try and make a pair of leggings for summer. My other option was to order from Red Hawk Trading.

Thanks all.

Arrow has been out of business for quite a number of years now and yes, Dyers are way over the top now. I'm afraid I can't help with Crazy Crow mocs but perhaps others can or suggest some other sources.

The Pueblo style is correct for Pueblo Indians. And I think it the basis for the Santa Fe shoe style.
They are great moccs but not appropriate for MM period or any thing east.
The Wyandot may go back in time for style but too would be very limited in areas for use. Excellent product though, I have a pair and very comfortable.
A very strict event may not let them in, most rendezvous would be ok with them
The canvas is a might stiff for leggings. Their broadcloth a better choice but pricey
A wool blanket in a dark color can oft be had cheaper then new woolen cloth
They have a linen look cloth that about the same as their canvas and would be more comfortable worn if you didn’t want to go with wool.
Their German tan skins are on sale right now and it’s hard to tell it from brain tan, be about the same price as the wool

The Pueblo style is correct for Pueblo Indians. And I think it the basis for the Santa Fe shoe style.
They are great moccs but not appropriate for MM period or any thing east.
The Wyandot may go back in time for style but too would be very limited in areas for use. Excellent product though, I have a pair and very comfortable.
A very strict event may not let them in, most rendezvous would be ok with them
The canvas is a might stiff for leggings. Their broadcloth a better choice but pricey
A wool blanket in a dark color can oft be had cheaper then new woolen cloth
They have a linen look cloth that about the same as their canvas and would be more comfortable worn if you didn’t want to go with wool.
Their German tan skins are on sale right now and it’s hard to tell it from brain tan, be about the same price as the wool
Good info tenngun. I ordered a pair of the Wyandot hunters to give them a try. Glad to hear you like them. Thanks

Hello All,

Been 2 years now so I'm finally getting around to finish up this thread.
I received the Wyandot hunters but sent them back because the leather was a bright orange and I just couldn't connect with the color. I suppose I could have put some mink oil on it to change color but wasn't sure if it would have been any better and if I did that and didn't like it, I wouldn't be able to send them back. By the way, sending them back for a refund was painless. Kudos to Crazy Crow.
I went ahead and ordered the low cut Taos mocs (Hogans) and received them. Like them much better although be aware, they come with the sole (latigo) stiff as a board. I spent a week mink oiling the soles and working the leather before I could wear them. Once wearing they molded pretty well although I keep up with the mink oil treatments. Now I wear them pretty much all the time at home unless it is raining out. Also, I think they come a bit small so I would order a half-size larger than you normally wear. I wear a 10 and ordered same. Mocs fit but snug and I wouldn't be able to wear a heavy sock with them if it was cold out. At least that was my experience.
As another poster has noted, these would not be proper for an eastern longhunter and may not be accepted by a strict period only booshway, but would probably pass at a little more relaxed 'voo'.
I like them and the latigo sole will probably last forever..

Back