• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Crazy bidding on Gunbroker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to put a couple of muzzleloaders up for sale. My intention has always been to do so here, but I have a brother who occasionally buys and sells guns and he says that lately he's gotten more for every single gun and every batch of ammo than he would have anticipated, so I'm considering possibly testing the waters on Gunbroker with them. I try to treat people fairly, especially people here on the board who I'll still have to "face" if they're unhappy with a gun I sell them or the price that they've paid, but when people are lining up to give away their money, geez......

A Uberti/Taylors 1858 just sold for $681 on Gunbroker. Dixie has them in stock for $370. Am I missing something?

Several C&B revolver vendors list them for various prices, but none actually have them in stock.

The demand for available C&B revolvers (and most muzzleloaders) is being driven by the fact that there's a drastic shortage due to the pandemic, with most of the Italian (and other) gunmakers either shut down totally for the past year, or are operating with a partial work force.

Everybody is out of stock, including Dixie

The covid shuttered down the factories in Europe. That coupled with panic buying put tons of pressure on the market.

When I used to drink I would order a pizza and get disgustingly drunk and peruse GunBroker into the wee hours.

I’d often wake up totally nude with a raging hangover with pizza grease all over and one (or more) “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON ITEM _” emails in my inbox.

I was racking up several thousand dollars per week on firearms I didn’t even remember bidding on. It was a disaster.

Gunbroker can ruin your life. This is before I quit drinking and found God.

Everybody is out of stock, including Dixie

Nameless Hunter is correct... for now. Don't hold your breath.

RH0424 Uberti Remington New Model Army (dixiegunworks.com)

Auctions are fine if you abide by your own stringent rules and wait until just before the auction ends before bidding if it is still in your price range. Two weeks ago I won the bid for an older Remington Beals .44 made by Armi San Paolo for $320 on GB. I am satisfied.

Rem Beals DGG ASP 001.jpg

Regards,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back