• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crazy bidding on Gunbroker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends keep telling me to sell some guns. My response is "what do i do with the money buy more guns?"
There is only one " Safe Queen" in the rack, all my guns both BP and smokessomewhatless get shot a lot and often except a couple that don't make ammunition for anymore..
The world is going nutz.
Noah took too many people not enough animals he blew the chance of a lifetime
What is a tin of CCI musket caps worth? My intention over the next few days is to shoot up a tin full.
Money is no object! drinks for the house! make them doubles!!
Yr' somewhat puzzled Obt' Svt'
Bunk

2 reasons. People don’t want a background check. And the conversion cylinders. Sorry to mention them, but I believe that is why the revolvers are dried up.

well in the morning shooting the Smith carbine will be tried and how much depends on how well these new cases and bullets work.
No problems for me on powder, caps, or bullets. I stocked up a long time ago I think the Marines would say Simper Fi I got mine. I really does not other me to shoot up a bunch of powder and caps or the unmentionable components either.
This Smith is a new learning curve for me and I am not sure what if any will carry forward from the Sharps.
Any Smith carbine shooters I would like to hear from you.
Hold center
Bunk

well in the morning shooting the Smith carbine will be tried and how much depends on how well these new cases and bullets work.
No problems for me on powder, caps, or bullets. I stocked up a long time ago I think the Marines would say Simper Fi I got mine. I really does not other me to shoot up a bunch of powder and caps or the unmentionable components either.
This Smith is a new learning curve for me and I am not sure what if any will carry forward from the Sharps.
Any Smith carbine shooters I would like to hear from you.
Hold center
Bunk
I shoot my original Smith carbine on occasion. Not sure I can help much. Use brass cases. Load them and shoot. Load will depend on case volume and bullet you are using. Have a box of original paper wrapped rubber cased bullets that I don’t shoot, but have torn one down. Found it loaded with powder finer than what we call 4F.

It not only guns that are selling at high prices. It anything firearm related. A friend has a gun shop in town and keeps a small supply of powder in stock. I stopped by last week to chit-chat and he told me that he just sold an eight pound jug of shotgun/pistol powder for a few dollars shy of $500.00 on gunbroker....Wow!! I asked if he would buy me lunch since he was now rich? He just laughed and said he was too busy listing everything he has in his shop on gunbroker. I don’t think he was kidding.

Maybe we could make guns out of toilet paper! Talk about rare. Think how much money THEY w
ould go for!

image.jpg
I doubt they would be worth a manure if you did. Maybe if you used Bounty, They may become a quick picker upper. Let’s examine that shall we?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lol! Mine has been modified for paper cartridges. It prints well on paper at 50 yds. No paperwork required to carry this either. But it could land expulsion if brought to school, plus years of counseling. Mostly people buy them for concealed carry at they tuck nicely in a crevase. Also it is disposable after use. Very quiet and if you shot yourself accidentally, you wouldn’t feel a thing. This one is the pride of my collection, but I’d be willing to part with it for 300.00 if you are of a mind. I only accept paper. No plastic. Let me know if your interested.;)

You have millions of terrified (and bored) people with disposable income. Anything “GUN” or gun related is in TREMENDOUS demand from anyone and there are countless folks willing to pay $$$$ for whatever it is they want.

Maybe that 1858 had a conversion cylinder for .45 Colt. If so that is a fair price for it. I have a Remington 1858 factory made in .45 Colt that I am going to retrofit to .44 black powder so I can shoot either. Taylor’s has the cylinder for those at $118.00
here is mine pictured with my Colt Navy .36 cal.View attachment 67142
Nope. Just the pistol.

Recently I picked up several 1858 Remington's for $339 each, shipping was a fixed $15 for all. Many are panic buying, just like they do before a storm at the grocery store.

When I used to drink I would order a pizza and get disgustingly drunk and peruse GunBroker into the wee hours.

I’d often wake up totally nude with a raging hangover with pizza grease all over and one (or more) “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON ITEM _” emails in my inbox.

I was racking up several thousand dollars per week on firearms I didn’t even remember bidding on. It was a disaster.

Gunbroker can ruin your life. This is before I quit drinking and found God.
Guns and liquor just don’t mix well. 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back