• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Coyote Skull

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some of those may be bred to domestic dog as well. Seen a couple over the years that look like they may go 80 pounds or so based on what 80 to 100 pound dogs look like. Still lots of the skinny critters too, but larger are probably better survivors.
Definitely NOT a canine.

Look at the coyote skull picture. All canines have the ridge (sagittal crest) that runs down the back of their skull.

1670176328579.png

Boil it in soapy water 'til the bad ackumpucky's gone, let it dry and whiten it with hairdresser's hydrogen peroxide. "European mount" suitable for any man cave. Make up a story

Buried one our dogs in the garden in a body bag. Then we moved. Someday, someone will find her. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

This doesn't have the open nose that a bear has. It has the bone extension into the nose area like a pig.

I first thought pig, but knowing that none are in central Oregon, I sent went bear...right up until I looked at a skull of a bear. Nose cavity isn't right for bear.

My bet is a domestic type hog, a pet or maybe a small pig that somebody decided to cook and trashed what they didn't want to cook on public lands

100%, it is a hog!

It's not a coyote, wolf or bear.

I shoot a pick up load each year and that is what the skull is.

Geez, ya'll don't get out much do you?

Pigs and .44's . A match made in heaven.
Once was after hitting one twice with a 44mag with no perceptible slowing down. It died at the base of the scrub oak I pulled myself up on!

It was a dead pig attacking, but it would have still gotten me.

Watch this: Not me, but a couple of guys I know through my ex-brother-in-law..they are more of a danger to themselves sometimes!

Last edited:
Wow this thread really blew up, sorry for the late replies. I do believe this now to be porky pig. My guess some neighbor down the road shot and butchered his own pork and put the skull in the tree out on the blm land. Anyways just in case here’s a few extra pics for your entertainment.
C419B4BA-7E4F-48A4-BCD5-052070E47A94.jpeg
6BC8342B-BB6A-4675-BF73-BB42181E088F.jpeg

I found it that way in the tree, I took it home, I plan on cleaning it and preserving it with some polyurethane. Made sure to wash my hands tho (read somewhere bacteria might have rabies dunno) it’s currently setting in my bedroom (still single so no one to tell me not to yet 😂.)
Rabies is carried in saliva and it has to enter the body through a wound , most usually a bite .

Yes they are @david w! I hardly ever see a rabbit anymore, maybe I’ve got more dang coyotes than I think!
They're all over the dang place (coyotes, not rabbits) here in Cave Creek, AZ. We used to be very rural until all the inner city well heeled types discovered the place. Now they feed them and wonder why their toy poodle disappears.

Latest posts

Back