Quantcast

COVID-19 Project

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Cruzatte

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Fronts.jpg

I finished my fusil de chasse last December. Now I felt like I needed an overcoat to go with it. These are the two front pieces I cut out today from 26 oz. wool broadcloth I purchased from Wm. Booth Draper. The pattern comes from a Canadian company La Fluer de Lyse pattern #NFM1755. White seems to have been an alternatively popular color to navy blue. I chose the white fabric because it was a bit heavier than the blue wool broadcloth offered.

Enclosed with the paper pattern is a booklet with some very interesting historical notes, and of course sewing instructions in both French and English. This should make a very interesting project for me to while away the hours while under semi-quarantine.

Jaeger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
View attachment 34408
I finished my fusil de chasse last December. Now I felt like I needed an overcoat to go with it. These are the two front pieces I cut out today from 26 oz. wool broadcloth I purchased from Wm. Booth Draper. The pattern comes from a Canadian company La Fluer de Lyse pattern #NFM1755. White seems to have been an alternatively popular color to navy blue. I chose the white fabric because it was a bit heavier than the blue wool broadcloth offered.

Enclosed with the paper pattern is a booklet with some very interesting historical notes, and of course sewing instructions in both French and English. This should make a very interesting project for me to while away the hours while under semi-quarantine.
I used this pattern to make my French Canadian capot, and I am happy with the results. I had to add to the largest size they had so that I could wear a lot of heavy clothes under my capot. Do yourself a favor and get some old sheets, and then use the patterns to make a mock-up of the coat out of the cotton sheet material. Don't sew the mock-up together! Staple it together with a common office stapler and save yourself a lot of time and work. Then you can try the mock-up coat on and make adjustments if necessary. I've attached a picture of me wearing the capot
2020 trek.jpg

Cruzatte

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Good idea. I had my wife take my measurements, while I was dressed in my winter outfit.

Latest posts