• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Covered Firkin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All semantics aside, you have made what would have been a common item, now a thing of beauty. Your bucket looks older than the wood it was made with, and is fully functional.

Your "feeble efforts" at coopering are as impressive as many of the firearms and accoutrements that are submitted here for our perusal. (I'm not saying you are the "Dave Person of coopering", but impressive none the less. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Richard/Grumpa

On my first trip to Williamsburg in the early 70's I was amazed at how the Cooper fashioned the staves for the barrel he was making. He did it all by eye and with speed. The wood was white oak - very impressive :thumbsup: :bow: .

Back