• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Country ham

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to tell you...after moving south I have had the opportunity to try some really great down home cooking! Some of which I had never had before and really enjoy as regular dinner items now. I had made in return for my Neighbors homemade Pizza from the ground up. Homemade dough and good ingredients. It was enjoyed immensely. See? Who says we cannot get along?

That sounds really good!

But I have a technical question: how do you get a vacuum seal in a bag with water? I have an older FoodSaver, and liquid is the bane of its existence! The vacuum sucks the liquid into the seal band and prevents sealing.
Cut the bag about 6 inches longer than you need. Start vacuuming until you see water heading towards the Foodsaver. Hit seal. It's not completely vacuumed, but will work for this purpose.

Start vacuuming until you see water heading towards the Foodsaver. Hit seal.

Aye, there's the rub!

Mine is old and doesn't have separate controls for "vac" and "seal." If you want seal only, place the seam along the heat strip; the vac channel is then closed to the outside, and the heat seal starts automatically. If you want vac + seal, place the open seam into the vac channel, and it'll vac to a certain negative pressure point & the heat seal kicks in.

I.e. mine is one step younger than Avocado Green! :D 'Bout time to upgrade...

Latest posts

Back