• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Counting the days...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours opens the following Saturday here in Tn. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bucks have started making scrapes already on my place & saw a young 8 pt chasing a doe last week end :idunno:

Friday AM "should" find me trolling the woods looking for a spike or bigger to harvest. Business has picked up at an inopportune time once again (not complaining though).

We get cranking here in Tennessee on November 8th. I've decided I'm gonna use my ole Renegade .58 call for at least the first part of the season. I really like those big balls. They got a lot whompability! I can't wait. It's one of my favorite times of the year.

Jeff

I noticed last Friday that deer around our place are already making scrapes. I saw several scrape lines in a few different places. Nothing gets me going like seeing some fresh scrapes with clean hoof prints that look like they were made just hours earlier.

Jeff

Me and my 58cal Kit Carson Hawken are waiten for the 8th too,my little 50 cal is begging to go also,I have to be fair to both you know.

Last year I was running a "high shoulder shot" project at deer 50yards or less with a few different calibers to see if they would all drop in their tracks with different size balls...got some extra Doe permits and had a good time.
But this year no experiments, just hunting...and while something might come up to change my mind later, right now I'm planning to only use the .58cal Early Virginia. Have had a few "get reacquainted" range sessions, and got all the .58cal hunting gear prepped and ready to go...won't be long now.

Thanks, and you as well...hard to beat this time of year in the pretty fall woods too

Left my Game Camera out for a week,,265 pictures of deer on it last night when I checked it,,,all the same Doe and Button Buck,one rabbit,a skunk and a Racoon...Looks like it is going to be another hot dog Thanksgiving,,,,Season starts 01 Nov here and the weather is starting to change ,,,,rain the next three days some miserable start to winter....

Rut will get the bucks cruising but the Does sure don't have to move around much to eat for a while yet, that's for sure...record breaking Acorn crop has the ground carpeted and they're still raining down.

That's exactly how it looks on my place too. I can't ever remember in over 40 years of hunting seeing this many acorns. Plus my persimmon trees are hanging full as well :thumbsup:

Will be in Virginia with my little grandson and the old flintlock. We have a great time every year.

We still have to wait till mid-November down here for start but season runs till about mid-January. Come on November! :wink:

Back