• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Could Use Some Suggestions For the Next Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billraby

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am the one that has been posting those You Tube videos building a fusil-de-chasse. Here is the first one just so everyone knows what I am talking about:

https://youtu.be/8YiR6o9iL9Y

The feedback that I have gotten back on it has pretty good so far. The gun is finished and the editing is finished. I am posting a new video every Tuesday and Friday. There are 23 parts in all so there will be a few more weeks until they are all up there.

I am starting the next gun next weekend. Its going to be a Tennessee rifle. I have done carving, engraving, patch box before, but for this one I want to skip all of that stuff and just do a nice plain gun. I am still fairly new at gun building and I want to focus getting just the basic form and architecture as perfect as I can. Also I got a really nice piece of wood and I don't want to cover it up with all the fancy stuff.This one will be a plank build.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun doing the video for the fusil-de-chasse and I will do it again with this one. That is where I need some help from you guys. You Tube is showing that a lot of people that have been watching the videos are watching from here. So what can I do to make the next video better? What would you like to see more of, or less of? I know, stop sticking my head in front of the camera! What part of the build do you think I need to go into a lot of detail?

I am sure that a lot of you reading this have never built a gun before, don't really know how to, but might want to give it a try. And I bet there are a few of you that have a box full of gun parts, but don't really know what to do with them. If are someone digging through the internet trying to learn as much as you can and there is some part that you just cannot figure out, let me know. I will be sure to get it in the video. If you have a question about something, it is pretty sure that there a bunch of other people with the same question. Something that seems obvious to that I would just blow over may be something that someone else just can't figure out.

Just be aware that while I have built a few guns that turned out great, I am not an expert. The video is not going to be the best way or the right way to build a gun. It will just be me building a gun and explaining what I am doing along the way. I am certain to make a few mistakes along the way. Hopefully it turns out to be something that ends up being helpful.

I am just looking for any constructive criticism on the fusil-de-chasse video that I have already done and suggestions for video of the next build. I will start building next weekend and start putting the video on You Tube when all the fusil-de-chasse videos are posted.

Well I subscribed and have much enjoyed them. What to build next? A SMR is the finest looking American made gun ever... IMHO
My next build as a winter project ( takes me all year to save for the parts) will be a Virgina style smooth rifle.
I remeber a book on ML with a rifle engraved with “my 33 year and my 33 rifle’ people like that just need to be slapped :haha:

Latest posts

Back