• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Correct frizzen for Traditions flintlock ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyron4

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a few spare parts for my Traditions Kentucky rifle. Midway says this will fit "most Traditions flintlocks" , but in the picture it is smooth on the front side with a hump and mine has some engraving on it. I wonder if this is for the PA pellet flintlocks. Midway shows a mfg. # A1722 but my manual lists the frizzen as 70507, not even the same type of coding. Can anyone confirm ? -Thanks

Traditions Black Powder Rifle Flintlock Frizzen

Try deer creek products in walden indiana.....they got it all.

This one is on EBAY The Midway one is for newer versions

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
I have 5 Traditions flintlocks one of which is a Kentucky rifle. They all use the same frizzen, Traditions part # A1721. The manual for my Kentucky rifle shows the part number you mentioned # 70507. I don't know where that comes from, but the # A1721 is the exact replacement part on my Kentucky rifle:

Traditions Frizzen – RMC Ox-Yoke Muzzleloader Supplies

My son has a Traditions Pennsylvania rifle and it uses a different frizzen, the one shown in post #3 above. That's the one that's smooth on the back. It's called the deluxe frizzan and is Traditions part # A1722.

Since you said your frizzen has the engraving on the back I'm reasonably certain it is the one I linked to in this post as the # A1721 does have the engraving on the back.

Looks like Muzzleloaders.com has the one I need. Oddly enough I signed up for a in stock notice and this afternoon got an email saying it was in back in stock.

Back