• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Continental Target Pistol. Please help me remember!?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprayinbear

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Please help me remember,

I know there is an American dealer/maker who sells factory made and custom muzzleloading target pistols in the Continental style, but I have lost the web site and the name. Their target pistols sell in the $600-&700 range. Please help me remember.

Happy Shooting!

There are several dealers in the USA who sell the Pedersoli Continental Duelling or Match pistols. "No second place" provided a link for Cabela's.

If you are looking for a similar pistol in a custom version, I would recommend you check with The Gun Works in Oregon. The link will take you to their percussion "English Pistol," which, despite the name, looks very similar to Pedersoli's "Continental" pistols. They ask $625 for these pistols, which I think have L&R locks and Oregon barrels. They have a "used" one in unfired condition (probably built on spec) in .50 caliber for sale right now. I don't know anything about their builders, nor do I know how long it would take to get a pistol built if you ordered one made to your specifications. Mike Nesbitt reviewed a .40 caliber version of The Gun Works' English pistol in Muzzleloader magazine a few months ago, and gave it very high marks. The Gun Works also has a NIB Pedersoli Continental Dueling Pistol for sale right now for $495. Check it out here: Continental Percussion .45 Caliber

With all of that said, there are probably a lot of builders out there who could make a similar pistol for you. I would recommend that you check ads in Muzzleloader magazine and make some calls, if you want a specific lock or barrel.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

Watch out, the Pedersoli Continental pistol comes in two versions. The Dueling pistol has a standard trigger and the Continental Target version comes with a single set trigger. That one is a few dollars more.

Latest posts

Back