• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Continental Gun Makers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
You will find there were a large number of Continental gun makers from the middle of the percussion period carved their shotgun gun stocks A main favoured was the deer and the boars head from the wrist too the heel also a flower design around the cheek piece .Enclosed are images of continental carvings something rarely practiced by the English gun makers although some did use the cheek piece on their shotguns and rifles
Feltwad
Cased 16 bore shotgun

Small bore s/b shotguns

Last edited:
Seems to be not much interest in Continental muzzle loading shotguns
Feltwad

It might be that the title of the thread is a bit confusing. Historically, the term "continental" referred to the American revolutionary government, as in the terms Continental Congress, and Continental Army. At least I initially thought so when I read the thread title. So I was a bit surprised when I saw those very nice photos of European shotguns, and not arms of the Continental (American revolutionary) forces.

Latest posts

Back