• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Considering quitting!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then Quit! More for us! No one is holding you to this forum or the hobby.
Damn man, he's just frustrated like a lot of gun owners. If there's something he doesn't know as far as DIY, teach him instead of biting his head off. I thought that's what this forum was for. Not only to swap stories and talk about muzzleloaders but, to share wisdom.

Damn man, he's just frustrated like a lot of gun owners. If there's something he doesn't know as far as DIY, teach him instead of biting his head off. I thought that's what this forum was for. Not only to swap stories and talk about muzzleloaders but, to share wisdom.
Exactly. He didn't say he was quitting, just said he was considering. I think he was just venting from the frustration.

Exactly. He didn't say he was quitting, just said he was considering. I think he was just venting from the frustration.
That's what I thought. I'm a "greenhorn" my self, I've only been doing this for a few years, I'm far from having the knowledge that a lot of the people on here have but, I hope one day when I DO have the experience under my belt, I would treat others that don't a little better. 99% of the shooters on this forum are amazingly helpful, they've been great to me. I have learned a lot from these amazing people.

It wouldn't take but an instant for us to be blasted back into the stone age and it could happen anytime for a variety of reasons. That would really give us something to complain about we wouldn't have this forum to post a whine!

Times are strained and this is the time for tolerance and forgiveness. The
Muzzleloading sport is a pursuit for happiness. It is a sport within a sport.
Unity and working together is key. Times like these makes us thankful for
those times when times are good. I think that we will return to normal in
six months or less, now that the pandemic is waning some with vaccines.
This is also the time to be frontiersmen and women-- and to re-embrace the
do it yourself, make it from scratch skills and enjoyments of our forebearers.

What do you need? You were not very specific. Someone here probably can help.

I dont get why folks wait till the last minute to stock up on supplies. If you're an avid shooter, you're going to have those supplies on hand, especially bullet molds.

Then there's the ever popular soda gun..........

iu
Looks like a blast...literally. Seriously, the first thing I ever did after purchasing a new gun was to buy a mold. I've hoarded lead in all fashions so I have 3-400 pounds. For years I used a Coleman stove which worked fine until I broke down and finally bought a melting pot. I grew up in a small rural town where shopping was 2 hours away, and that was limited. Midwayusa and the likes have made a mint off me over the years. Last I counted, I have 37 different molds.

Last edited:
I dont get why folks wait till the last minute to stock up on supplies. If you're an avid shooter, you're going to have those supplies on hand, especially bullet molds.
Amen, when other people were buying up toilet paper, my wife and I went a different direction. 😉

I hear your frsutrations...It takes some searching...I have been able to find a local small gun shop that seems to have powder, caps, balls, ect.... all the time .. I guess I am lucky

Latest posts

Back