• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Considering quitting!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recovered range lead from a B/P only range, a Coleman stove and a flea market cast iron pot (($2) is all I have used since I quit melting lead on the kitchen stove about 40 years ago.

Molds are out there, I suspect Tanner molds are always available. I have heard that places like Midway get in a shipment but they go quick, keep looking at every place that sells them on a regular basis and you will catch someone with molds in stock at least for a short period of time. Of course there are the $70 eBay Lee molds but I would wait rather than pay the scalpers prices.
casting bullets 007.JPG

casting bullets 002.JPG

Attachments

• lead stockpile 002.JPG
    lead stockpile 002.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 54
  • casting bullets 006.JPG
    casting bullets 006.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 54
Recovered range lead from a B/P only range, a Coleman stove and a flea market cast iron pot (($2) is all I have used since I quit melting lead on the kitchen stove about 40 years ago.

Molds are out there, I suspect Tanner molds are always available. I have heard that places like Midway get in a shipment but they go quick, keep looking at every place that sells them on a regular basis and you will catch someone with molds in stock at least for a short period of time. Of course there are the $70 eBay Lee molds but I would wait rather than pay the scalpers prices.
View attachment 67722

View attachment 67720
now that came out nice! thanke's for posting it. proves that you don't need a lot of $ to do it.

There are supplies to be had. Just last week I had 4 pounds of powder delivered and recently bought 2,000 caps. I'm good on round balls for a while. You just have to shop around.

Took me a moth to get everything together but purchased a 1858 Army revolver, 2F, 3F, and 4F black powder, 1000 #11caps, Traditions Flintlock Mountain rifle and Trapper pistol. There is stuff out there takes some searching and a little patience.

Took me a moth to get everything together but purchased a 1858 Army revolver, 2F, 3F, and 4F black powder, 1000 #11caps, Traditions Flintlock Mountain rifle and Trapper pistol. There is stuff out there takes some searching and a little patience.
Did you just recently order your Trapper? I ordered one myself from DGW and the next day they were out of stock.

wm

View attachment 67722

View attachment 67720

Jeff Tanner has passed away, but his son in carrying on the business.

Shooting used to be fun. Now it's hard to find anything. Round balls sold out! Are you kidding me! Melting pots sold out! Really! Ball molds sold out! What's going on in the gun world is enough to make me want to throw up & just quit!
Cast yet on, get an old cast iron pot and a way to heat it(small gas or electric heat). A table spoon with wood handles attached and a mould. You can buy all kinds of new gear, ,but you great granddady only had a pot and small ladle to go with his mould.

Latest posts

Back