• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Connecticut Valley Arms Squirrel Rifle .32 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a rifle that is tiny next to my other black powder rifles. CVA .32 cal bought from a second owner. I don't have any balls that small.
My gun club has 50, 100, 200 yard ranges. HOPE this can shoot out to 50 yards. Any info on it would be helpful.
Thanks, Robert

Attachments

• .32 cva 1.jpg
    .32 cva 1.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 4
  • .32 cva 2.jpg
    .32 cva 2.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 0
  • .32 cva.jpg
    .32 cva.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 0
  • .32.jpg
    .32.jpg
    913.1 KB · Views: 0
Put together one of these from a Traditions kit. Due to a couple of manufacturing goofups had to do a good bit of woodworking. However, in the end this has turned out to be a very good rifle for spot and stalk cottontail rabbit hunting.

I find accuracy is best with .310 ball, thin twill patching, grease, and 25 grains of 3Fg. Best results come when I wipe the bore between shots, using both sides of a slightly damp patch, then a dry patch. Crud builds up easily in a bore this small.

I may build another from a Ttraditions kit, but will cut down the stock to fit kids.

Got a rifle that is tiny next to my other black powder rifles. CVA .32 cal bought from a second owner. I don't have any balls that small.
My gun club has 50, 100, 200 yard ranges. HOPE this can shoot out to 50 yards. Any info on it would be helpful.
Thanks, Robert
My little .32 calibre is one of my few guns that I actually do not have a picture. It loves a steady diet of 30 grains of fffg, blue stripe pillow ticking, and a .311 RB. I once took a squirrel at a measured 75 yrds, dropped ‘em…blamo.

Farthest shot I’ve ever taken with the gun…I figured that I’d most likely scare the squirrel, rather than hit it. I think both of us were pretty shocked…

Sometime soon I’ll be converting it to flint.

Had a CVA 32 squirrel it was a good shooter but the stock was to short so I traded it off. Just a few weeks ago I was on GunBroker and bought a 32 cal Green mountain built on a Knight action and stock always wanted one that had a longer stock now I have one I know Knight is not allowed here oh well I have Flintlocks Percussion and Inline Its all muzzleloader and Black Powder

These little guns must really be something, they sell at online auctions readily and for considerable sums. I think the one pictured here is about as nice as I've seen. Nice gun, congratulations. I can't imagine how much fun it would be to take it out for rabbits or squirrels. Looks like you've many hours of enjoyment ahead of you with that shooter.

I had one of these in Flint. It was amazingly accurate. The lock needed some tweaking. I regret selling it!!!

Back