• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Connecticut muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTShooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I can take 2 guests with me to NWCSA in Colebrook.

Hoping to get out this weekend, and on a more regular basis.

Be nice if we could get a group together in CT, get a little organized

Working a double, 15:00 to 07:00.
Have fun.
If it's the club I'm thinking of, I miss the place. Route 7 in Canaan? Used to shoot 3-D with Hal Caplinger there. Those were good days.

Have a good time. Maybe take and post some photos. We used to get quite a crowd for some of the 3-D shoots, from both sides of the CT., Mass., and N.Y. lines.
Hal put on a great shoot and it is a really nice property.

Edit: Duh, sorry, different club. The sleep deprivation is kicking in already. I think I've been there as well. I think my buddy Mike runs IDPA there.

Yep, that's the place, I'm getting back to IDPA also.
Had to take a little break and get over a couple of bouts of cancer.

Be nice if we could get some of those crowds back, we had some fun shoots.

I try to get a muzzleloader to the range at least once a month, I practice unmentionables also, and the club has the facilities so I can do some muzzleloading and "others" in the same trip. Makes for a fun day

CT Spring is showing it's annual signs of returning, dodging pot holes and tip toeing through muddy yards means Turkey hunting is right around the corner.

Any interest in a smooth bore tune up day? I'm still learning my Beretta O/U, be great to share some tips and tricks.

CT Spring is showing it's annual signs of returning, dodging pot holes and tip toeing through muddy yards means Turkey hunting is right around the corner.

Any interest in a smooth bore tune up day? I'm still learning my Beretta O/U, be great to share some tips and tricks.
Hmmm, might be interesting.

Looking like a nice weekend to get out and make smoke, new shooters welcome, I have an extra rifle for anyone wanting to try

Like I've said before, I might be in for a small gathering, but, we need a place to do it. My fish and game club is not visitor friendly, the other club is fine with me bringing guests, but, rifle range is of limited scope.
Near as I can tell, the few of us here from CT. are widely scattered across the state. John Half and Grimord are probably the closest to eachother. On the eastern side of the state.

(Not that CT. is all that big)

Latest posts

Back