• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Connecticut Black Powder Shooters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grimord, yes, DON, was a great guy. he was a great 45, CAL shooter that had many trophies and shot targets hung up in the shop. if you became a regular he would discount the price on the guns. it kept you comming back. so you might be a grey beard too? if not I am sorry I asked. I never knew what happened to DON, so thanks for letting me know. are you in the NORWICH AREA?
Not a grey beard, but a white beard. I live in Salem, which is about 10 miles west of the Norwich town line.

Anyone remember The Right Arm muzzle loading shop owned by Ed Leet?
The shop was located in his basement in the Hebron area out in the sticks. LOL!
Not too long after I first visited him the shop closed down.
He would place ads in a free sportsman's paper, or else I would have never heard of him.
His shop was loaded with BP stuff, and I think that it probably took a long time to liquidate his stock.
He told me that he held plate shoots at his house.

Wasn't there a ML group in the Norwich area named the Rangers or such?
I belonged to the Pattagussett Muzzle Loaders in Deep River.
We had a covered range on land bordering Cockaponsett State Forest.
Some houses started being built at an angle behind the range, and some guys were worried about getting sued, even though we had range protection for noise.
We could have realigned the range but the majority decided to sell the land instead.
But they never found a buyer because it would have needed the lead cleaned up.
The club ended up deeding the land to the state because the DEP didn't want to pay for the land either.
I know that some of the guys started shooting at Niantic after our range was voluntarily closed.
I've only been to Niantic for plate shooting a couple of times, because it's an hour drive for me in New Britain.

I participated in several trail walks at Ed Leets in I believe was Lebanon, CT. off Tobacco Road. He did have quite a bit of muzzleloading gear, and he always had real black powder for sale. His health was the reason he closed up shop. I think he passed to the black powder happy hunting grounds.
As a member of the Niantic Sportsmen's club, I remember when several former members of the Pattagusett Club became members of our club when their club was disbanded. I think we still have a few of them that shoot with us on a regular basis.

Not a grey beard, but a white beard. I live in Salem, which is about 10 miles west of the Norwich town line.
I go to SALEM 4 CORNERS to get meat at the store on the rite side comming from RI. a small strip mall. and if you take a left at the intersection, you will go toward the DEVILS HOPP YARD. a very nice area. where there are a lot of DINOSAOUR TRACKS IN THE LEDGES. best, toot.

Anyone remember The Right Arm muzzle loading shop owned by Ed Leet?
The shop was located in his basement in the Hebron area out in the sticks. LOL!
Not too long after I first visited him the shop closed down.
He would place ads in a free sportsman's paper, or else I would have never heard of him.
His shop was loaded with BP stuff, and I think that it probably took a long time to liquidate his stock.
He told me that he held plate shoots at his house.

Wasn't there a ML group in the Norwich area named the Rangers or such?
I belonged to the Pattagussett Muzzle Loaders in Deep River.
We had a covered range on land bordering Cockaponsett State Forest.
Some houses started being built at an angle behind the range, and some guys were worried about getting sued, even though we had range protection for noise.
We could have realigned the range but the majority decided to sell the land instead.
But they never found a buyer because it would have needed the lead cleaned up.
The club ended up deeding the land to the state because the DEP didn't want to pay for the land either.
I know that some of the guys started shooting at Niantic after our range was voluntarily closed.
I've only been to Niantic for plate shooting a couple of times, because it's an hour drive for me in New Britain.
ED LEETS, yes I do. when you went to his house to sign up to shoot he and his wife ANN, I be leave , they would feed you breakfast be fore the shoot. he was a MARINE. and we would shoot in his back yard, and he also had a trail walk on his property. after the shoot no matter which one that he put on he would feed you lunch, ELK, DEER OR some other game. he had trouble getting around be cause of his amerce weight. yes it was a chore finding him the first time comming from RI. he was up a dirt road. ans we would all buy our supplies be fore the shoot. he would let people go down to the basement on the honor system. any one ever know what became of them? thanks for the memories. BTW, he would never charge for the vittles.

I’m hoping to relocate to southern Vermont next year and retire. Hopefully will be attending shoots within 2-3 hours drive. The Old Saratoga Gun Club is one I know about in eastern NY state.
Love old Saratoga range going there on octc18th for the one and only N-ssa There this year. Will be so good to see Griz. My teammates and friends.

I'm in the NW corner, been trying to get together with other muzzleloaders, so far no luck.

Latest posts

Back