• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Confederate 1842 Springfield Musket Palmetto S.C.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've owned this model 1842 Springfield for over 20 years and its hung up on my wall all this time. I've been told its possibly a Palmetto Armory. It has a Robinson, S.C. 1852 stamped lockplate, smoothbore musket from South Carolina with an 1832 stamped breechplug. The lockplate stampings would lead a person to think of its possible, probable use by the Confederacy. These are not commonly seen in iron mounts but experts have told me they did make them with the parts they had on hand up north before shipping them to S.C. A google search found one that sold online. Ramrod is rusted in place so I have never been able to disassemble and I refuse to force it free and possibly damaging this beautiful piece of history. Lock functions as it should holding at full and half cock. Trigger makes it fall only on full cock. Selling off a lot of my collection to follow my dreams in retirement. Keep an eye on my listings for more great stuff in the future. Payment by US Postal MO or Bank Cashiers check or credit card with my FFL for a 4% fee to total. His charge not mine. Actual shipping/ins. Sold AS IS just in case some buyer damages it while trying to disassemble. Thank you!
20181201_151153.jpg
20181201_151253.jpg 20181201_151322.jpg 20181201_165246.jpg
20181201_165636.jpg
20181201_164656.jpg 20181201_165004.jpg

Latest posts

Back