• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Completed Long Rifle Shopping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoothshooter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Where is a good place to go shopping for a completed Lancaster-type flint rifle in .36 or .40 caliber rifle? Even though I have a decent supply of BP on hand, I am about to retire and will have more time to shoot.
I want a smaller caliber that uses less powder because of the powder shortages and higher prices that will be the norm from now on; or will be for at least the rest of my life.

Too bad Tip Curtis died and his son didn't carry on with the business, he would have had just what you needed ready to go out the door. I don't think any other builder in the country kept such a complete inventory.

tip curtis shop pic.jpg

Met tippy at the spring shoot in friendship this year. Tip's son. He has sold the business to the folks that have deer creek products in walden ind. I know nothing of the transition, product move, what is left, go forward gun building, etc but i would recommend calling deer creek products in walden indiana and inquire what they have or if tippy still has the remaining stock. Tippy is not moving forward with the business but Deer Creek i believe will be doing it and taking over the space at friendship that tip had.

I had picked up a .32 flinter from Tip a few years ago. I haven’t shot it but now very glad to have it. Tip was a fun guy to talk to and he freely would share his knowledge and stories. Greg

Where is a good place to go shopping for a completed Lancaster-type flint rifle in .36 or .40 caliber rifle? Even though I have a decent supply of BP on hand, I am about to retire and will have more time to shoot.
I want a smaller caliber that uses less powder because of the powder shortages and higher prices that will be the norm from now on; or will be for at least the rest of my life.

Assuming that you are right handed, if you hang loose for a bit something will come up on the forum. I have only been a member a short time and man!, I have seen some really outstanding rifles come and go. If you are left handed...well it may be a bit.

RM

Too bad Tip Curtis died and his son didn't carry on with the business, he would have had just what you needed ready to go out the door. I don't think any other builder in the country kept such a complete inventory.

View attachment 96566
When Tippy and his brothers were doing the inventory, they counted over 900 barrels and around the same number of stocks! I sure was sad to see the shop empty this past Saturday.

Back