• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Complete newby here

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holowpoint

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just purchased my first muzzleloader Tuesday.
Hoping to get to use the experience and knowledge available here to avoid some rookie mistakes.
Thanks for the ability to learn here.
Chuck

Welcome and get ready to be addicted to smoke! plenty of great advice and experience on this forum. read through the different posts, use the search function for specific asks, and you'll save yourself plenty of headaches.

post some pics of your new rifle!

Just purchased my first muzzleloader Tuesday.
Hoping to get to use the experience and knowledge available here to avoid some rookie mistakes.
Thanks for the ability to learn here.
Chuck
I watched a ton of YouTube and this forum. It all helped. Good luck, have fun and remember, the only stupid question was the one you didn't ask!

Welcome and get ready to be addicted to smoke! plenty of great advice and experience on this forum. read through the different posts, use the search function for specific asks, and you'll save yourself plenty of headaches.

post some pics of your new rifle!
Well unfortunately most people here probably wouldn't be pleased with my choice.
But even though it doesn't please most here, I am looking forward to playing with it.
I DO want to do it correctly and safely so that's why I joined up here.
Let the possible flaming begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. You are doomed. Muzzleloading will take over your life, empty your wallet, and leave you wondering how you managed to survive before discovering the Joys of Muzzleloading. Grin

What caliber is that? Does it fire from caps at the breech? Interesting looking shooter.
Hey thanks for the interest.
It is a muzzle loading 12 gauge shotgun that I'm dying to get to the range and get to smoking.
It's from American Gun Craft.
Called the Diablo and available in a few different configurations.
I'm going to make a new set of lumber for it to extend the grips just a bit to allow my pinky to wrap around a bit. Probably remake the front grips just so the wood matches.

Welcome. You are doomed. Muzzleloading will take over your life, empty your wallet, and leave you wondering how you managed to survive before discovering the Joys of Muzzleloading. Grin

Well I am an avid collector with an extensive revolver and bolt action rifles along with a few various shotguns in the group.
This little hand cannon just piqued my interest so I added it in.
Not going for the practical with this...just the "cool" factor kinda like my lever action 12 gauge.
Practical?
Not really but gets people's attention when I take it out at the range.

From Las Vegas, welcome Holopoint. this is a good place to get started. Even better is to take an NRA-MLRA class on muzzleloading. It is a long class, but worth it.

Welcome. Joining the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association can be a plus. I have attended the Spring Nationals at Friendship, Ind., for years and have enjoyed the experience. And, they have very good information on the hobby.

I also new to MZLDG. And, like yourself I too bought the Diablo. Haven't got it yet, but am curious as what size round balls will fit as a slug?
A lot of people shoot a patched .690 diameter ball our of their 12 guage's. .715 diameter balls are also available and they will work either bare or with a thin patch.
Here's a link to Track of the Wolf's lead roundballs so you can see what is available.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/list/Item.aspx/127/4
About the Diablo: These have been mentioned before on the Muzzleloading Forum and basically, they don't fit into the type of guns we talk about here.
This is a Traditional gun forum which basically means the guns we talk about are the old fashioned ones that were made before 1866.
Because it is built as a break open modern shotgun rather than a exposed hammer sidelock gun, talking about the gun itself isn't allowed.

We can talk about loads for good patterens and shooting roundballs out of the gun but photos of it aren't really welcome here. Ya, I know, some think we're strange but we like old fashioned guns. :)

A lot of people shoot a patched .690 diameter ball our of their 12 guage's. .715 diameter balls are also available and they will work either bare or with a thin patch.
Here's a link to Track of the Wolf's lead roundballs so you can see what is available.

About the Diablo: These have been mentioned before on the Muzzleloading Forum and basically, they don't fit into the type of guns we talk about here.
This is a Traditional gun forum which basically means the guns we talk about are the old fashioned ones that were made before 1866.
Because it is built as a break open modern shotgun rather than a exposed hammer sidelock gun, talking about the gun itself isn't allowed.

We can talk about loads for good patterens and shooting roundballs out of the gun but photos of it aren't really welcome here. Ya, I know, some think we're strange but we like old fashioned guns. :)
Thanks for the info about the balls. As for the Diablo, you go ahead and talk about all the oldies you want. I'll choose my own topics as I see accordingly. Thanks for your opinion regardless

Sometimes the rules in this forum stinks! I think the Diablo is a way cool gun, hoping to get one sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back