• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Complete Kibler Colonial Smoothrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent craftsmanship! Just praying mine will turn out as nice. Ordered the colonial kit in 54. Should be here around my birthday in late February, is it me or is time just crawling......

Thank you sir, the wait is worth every second. My best advice is take your time and exercise patience, patience and more patience. You will indeed get out of the experience what you put into it, I can't stress enough the little details will make or break such a fine kit. Keep a open mind and know while these kits are true "kits" there will be a substantial amount of fitting and finishing work to be done. I'm excited for you! Certainly don't hesitate to ask questions, I'd love to be of assistance were I can be. :thumb:

One of the nicest I have ever seen. I would have to order some skill and patience to go with it to get even close. 122 hr....looks like way more went into it. Just freaking awesome:thumb:

I dunno if I could shoot it, just too nice, hats off, deep bow. You make me sin the sin of covetousness,

That is a real nice looking job you did. Don't listen to all these lovers of beat up guns. The simple truth is they either can't equal you or arn't willing to try. Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. Congrats.

Barrel is a rice .54 swamped smoothbore, 43.25" in total length.

1.125" at the breech, tapers to .800" and flares at the muzzle at about .870"

I believe Jim custom tailor's his barrels to fit his stock profiles exclusively.

Couldn't be better but I wonder if a guru here could photo shop to see what it would look like with browned barrel?

I would order a extra frizzen to slip on after shooting it just to keep it new (if I was able to get myself to take it outside and shoot it:rolleyes:).

Agian, one of the top 3 I have seen.

Ben, Great job on the photography, and finishing that rifle. The blueing on the barrel and lock is really gorgeous ! Tony

Beautiful gun, and I love the clean simplicity of it. I have always admired the work of those with the skill and talent to carve the wood and metal on these firearms, but have never been a fan of it on any of my own. I have always had a love of wood, and enjoy working with it, not that I am really any good at building, but still I enjoy trying. Great looking rifle.

Back