• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Comparing two Pedersolis. Insight?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm browsing and was looking for the differences between these two, other than what the description states.
OK, different caliber, different front sight, full stock on one, unidentified wood on that one, too... An inch difference here or there...
$400+ difference between the two? I'm not seeing it. What am I missing? Is a plain round barrel more costly than an oct to rnd? Do you pay more for the Brown Bess name?

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index...uct_name/FR3170+Pedersoli+Indian+Trade+Musket
https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index...roduct_name/FR0665+Dixie+Brown+Bess+Trade+Gun

What was the answer? You have me wanted to know now lol.

Dixie's smith said that the Brown Bess trade gun is made from a full length BB. So Pedersoli charges more for the price of the full length BB and the modifications.

Whereas the Indian Trade Musket is produced as such.

When you think about it, or when I think about it, it almost lends more authenticity to the BB trade gun being made from full length guns like they were back in the day.

I like the way you think @pacanis.

They really are two very different guns. Really.
😁

A big part of the way I talked myself into the Indian trade gun is that I already have a 20ga Fusil de Chasse. Got the balls, got the wads/cards, got the cleaning jags and such.
I'm really wanting to try the more conventional stock and see how I like it. I know I already like the BB carbine.
I think it will make a nice general purpose gun. One I grab to enjoy a walk and shoot at stuff.

They really are two very different guns. Really.
😁

A big part of the way I talked myself into the Indian trade gun is that I already have a 20ga Fusil de Chasse. Got the balls, got the wads/cards, got the cleaning jags and such.
I'm really wanting to try the more conventional stock and see how I like it. I know I already like the BB carbine.
I think it will make a nice general purpose gun. One I grab to enjoy a walk and shoot at stuff.
I agree. Anxious for my Clay Smith kit to get here. It’s a little overdue.

I have one of each. I built the BB Carbine from a kit, along with the Indian Trade musket, which I am still working on. I plan on shooting both of them this spring.
Our black powder range is only open from May thru November.

Dave

I might mess around with my BB today. See if I can get that brown off the barrel.
Then I'll be ready for when the Indian Trade gets here.

That's one nice thing about the kits, no painted barrels.

Back