• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Commercial cleaning rod for muzzleloading rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what are you guys using ? Any suggestions for a good sturdy cleaning rod ?

I use Hickory for my range ramrod, and it also doubles for my cleaning rod. I have several rifles and used Hickory since about 1972. Make sure the ends are pinned and the wood is well treated with a tung, linspeed, linseed, or the likes oil.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

I use a "Kleen Bore" brass rod for my range rod and for cleaning. They are about 5/16", very stiff, and come with a nice swivel handle, & bore protector. Threaded for 10/32 accessories.

I use a sturdy (0.316"), sectioned, brass cleaning rod as a range rod. I like being able to tuck it in my "go" bag w/ the other supplies. I had to get two sets to get enough length for a 38" bbl, but at <$20 each on eBay, I figure it a decent find.
Don't remember the brand (seems it was one I recall from the '70's). It has a large cylindrical aluminum handle - fixed- but I found a T handle from an old cleaning kit fits & is swiveled. It takes 10/32 tips.

Back in the 90’s I had a dandy but let it get away. It was a cleaning rod for a Browning .50 machine gun. Got it at a gun show and check out every gun show I now attend looking for another.

My range & cleaning rod is from October Country & made from brass. Very solid!! You order whatever length you want in 3/8" or 5/16" diameter & threaded how you want. Get the T-handle that screws on the end. Only time I use the wood ramrod is to reload when hunting.

Keep in mind that a swivel handle rod makes it hard to use a ball puller or patch puller should you desire to use one.

Not much to see. It is a 5/16" stainless rod with a round black ball handle on the end and a nylon muzzle guard. You have to buy the attachments separately.

Back