Quantcast

SOLD Colt Walker

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckskinner35

Pilgrim
Reaction score
This listing is for a reproduction Colt Walker .44 caliber revolver with a stainless steel barrel and cylinder. The frame is standard case-hardened steel. This was assembled from two separate revolvers and the serial numbers on the frame and barrel do not match, see pictures. I am not sure of the make or makes. I personally have not fired this pistol but it appears to be in very good working order. There are some marks in the finish on the back strap of the revolver. I am asking $350 shipped in the cont. United States, but I am open to any offers. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!
Skinner

Attachments

Last edited:

Stantheman86

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It appears to be one of those kits you could buy from Dixie , years back? Or in this case 2 parts of a kit.

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the picture with the chambers misaligned is due to the fact that the hammer is at half cock and the cylinder has been rotated to show the roll engraving that is marked on it.

buckskinner35

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I believe the picture with the chambers misaligned is due to the fact that the hammer is at half cock and the cylinder has been rotated to show the roll engraving that is marked on it.
That is possible, I am not sure which picture he was referring to.

Kansas Kid

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Think he is referring to the cylinder looks low compared to the bore.

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The picture I was referring to is shown below. Notice the hammer is not down and the cylinder has been rotated to show off some of the (hard to see) roll engraving.
As buckskinner35 has said the chambers line up with the bore, I'm sure they do.

buckskinner35

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Think he is referring to the cylinder looks low compared to the bore.
If anyone is talking about how the top of the barrel is higher than the cylinder, that is what a Colt Walker looks like.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holding the Walker, drop the loading lever, rotate the revolver to look at the bottom of the barrel. Approximately middle of bottom see if the marks are there probably along with " For black powder only ".

If there are marks they are usually small and very often lightly impressed into the barrel.

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Over the years, I've owned a number of cap & ball pistols that were totally unmarked except for the proof marks. Many of these pistols were well made and shot well.

Status
Not open for further replies.