• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Colt serial number chart ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
'morning all,

I know that there's a chart showing the 2nd generation Colt serial numbers and year of manufacture. Somewhere. My search skills are not all that wonderful and I'm drawing a blank.

Can anyone point me towards it? Looking specifically for the 1860 Army.

Thanks,
Mike

Colt now has some 2nd Generation serial numbers searchable on their website.

Like ProofHouse the Colt serial numbers do not include 1860 Army 2nd Generation which were made 1978 - 1982.

Per Colt: "If your firearm does not appear in the listing, please understand that this is not a comprehensive database. Information provided here is approximate, . . ."
http://www.colt.com/Customer-Services/Serial-Number-Lookup

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to both of you.

Another individual believes that it is early in the 2nd Gen numbers, because the serial is 20735x. He has some additional resources that he will be checking.

Thanks!
Mike

You are welcome, Mike!

Per my Dennis Adler book, Colt Blackpowder Reproductions & Replicas the serial number sequence for the 2nd Generation 1860 Army is 201000 through 212835

I have an 1860 Army that I got used approximately 1978-1979 IIRC. It's serial number range is 2029XX.

The stainless 1860's were at the end of production in 1982. Have one in the 2114XXS range and one 2127XXS range. The " S " suffix was added to the end of the serial number to denote stainless.

Back