Colt Paterson Replicas????

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

hawkeye2

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Uberti and Pietta have both offered Pattersons on and off since the 60s. Various importers like Navy Arms have had their names placed on them too. They never have been cheap and function can sometimes be problematic. I don't know of any Spanish made.

OldRust

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am wondering if any of the Italian or Spanish makers ever offered replicas of the Colt Paterson?
The Colt 3rd generation Patterson #5's were offered as a special order for $3000.00 in 1998 with a 4 month delivery. They are cool but I just couldn't get "that " excited about them. I've seen the Italian manufactured ones come up occasionally.
I've never seen any other mfg than those two, the BP Colts and the Italians but I've not seen everything <G>

Here's one that sold over by Philly in Paoli, PA last month.

Thanks,
O.R.

Attachments

SOLANCO

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It is pretty spiffy. But I am not $3K worth of interested in the Paterson.
Maybe with the advances in CNC etc etc the Europeans will come up with a less expensive version.
For that kind of money there are artists who would build me a beautiful ML rifle or pistol.
Thanks to Hawkeye and oldrust for your courtesy and kind attention.

Packrat

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
ve the (1839) Uberti model, it comes with a loading lever

springfield art

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am wondering if any of the Italian or Spanish makers ever offered replicas of the Colt Paterson?
Sure! The Italians made one at one time, many guys will probably fill you in. The flip-down early trigger didn't turn lots of guys on, I bet now they're a desirable replica-collectible!

B P Arn

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Sure! The Italians made one at one time, many guys will probably fill you in. The flip-down early trigger didn't turn lots of guys on, I bet now they're a desirable replica-collectible!
The folding trigger is the coolest part of the whole gun!!!

Reaction score
I always recommend the book The Great Plains, one of the great works of nonfiction historical writing,, to anyone interested in plains history. One thing it does is explain the importance of the Colt Patterson revolver.