• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED colt paterson nipple wrench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Paterson do you have, Uberti or Pietta? The Pietta has normal parallel flats on the nipples where as the Uberti has the original type that takes a 4-pronged wrench. The thing is the Uberti tool is long out of production and are very rare. The Dixie VTI tools are for the Pietta's. Both of mine are Uberti's, one with the attached loading lever and one without, and I was able to make a functional wrench from a Kalashnikov cleaning kit front sight tool. I just picked up a Pietta tool on ebay for my early model Uberti and I plan on taking a file to the wrench end to see if I can make it work on the Uberti nipples.

Back