• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Colt Navy build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Coggan

32 Cal
Reaction score
Made in the 70's from scratch, same as the others, hacksaw, files and lathe.

Colt copy 1.jpg

Colt copy 2.jpg

that's some really tight tolerances for by hand work. Diffenantly qualifies you as a Craftsmam.

Thanks All.
"How did you form the receiver! " If you mean the detenator balls, I found a ball bearing of the right size, it was annealed, cut in half and welded on, the rest of the frame was chiseled out.

Colt Navy 2000.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in awe. I've done a fair amount of, admittedly amateur, metal finishing and modifying, but the skill involved to fabricate this is really impressive and beyond what I would even consider. Well done.

I didn't for some reason get around to engraving the cylinder, BTW the drawing was taken from a London Colt.

Back