• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Colt loading instructions facsimile

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Formerly offered by Dixie Gun Works (p. 610 in catalog 161) but no longer available. I copied the half shown but am now more interested in the other half, "Directions for Loading and Managing Colt's Pistols," which I did not make a copy of. I foolishly sent the one I purchased from Dixie to what proved to be an unscrupulous publisher for scanning and it appears I have little chance of recovering it. I don't need the actual reprint but will be happy to pay for a photocopy. Really interested in Colt's recommendations, particularly if they mention the combustible envelope cartridges. I believe the original was from 1858. Thank you. 001.JPG

Found what I needed. It is on page 36 of the "Handguns" forum, reply #17 in the "Paper cartridges and caps" thread. Guess who took the time to post the directions. Zonie did. As always, thank you Zonie.

I had bought a copy of those instructions from Dixie back in the early 70s and have since lost it. I went looking in their catalog a few years ago when I cased an Army & accessories, wanted to include the instructions. I was quite disappointed to find that and a lot of other nifty things had disappeared from their catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back