• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Colt 2nd Generation 1862 Pocket Police - 5.5" barrel, 36 cal, probably NIB/unfired, with original box/manual

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Colt 2nd Generation 1862 Pocket Police - 5.5" barrel, 36 cal, probably unfired, with box/original manual

$590 + $20 for insured priority shipping (U.S. 48)

Genuine Colt
Probably unfired
5.5-inch barrel
36 caliber
5-shot cylinder
round barrel ('62 Pocket Navy has the octagonal barrel)
Nearly perfect, except for the box and a faint turn line on cylinder...
Beautiful, with perfect dimensions... the most gorgeous of all BP revolvers!

I purchased from someone who said he had it since new, and had the wedge tight enough to prevent the cylinder from turning -- in other words, when I bought it, it was pristine (except the box). I couldn't resist trying the action (especially since I planned to shoot it), which is smooooooth (and original), resulting in a very faint turn line on the cylinder... think of it this way -- you'll likely do no harm/not much more harm working the action yourself! Totally worth it! :)

Seller told me it was unfired (and it looks such), and I haven't fired it, either... but can I be 100% sure it's never been fired? Nope. But I do believe it has never been fired.

Then there's the box... it is the original, but sheesh, it was stored poorly -- see photos. Box is in sad shape, but the information about the revolver on the end of the box is fine, as are the accompanying manual/info.

$590 + $20 for (U.S. 48) insured priority mail shipping.

I'll accept payment via Zelle, PayPal, check, or money order (ask me if you want to use something else).

I have bought and sold several revolvers through this forum, and have members who can vouch for me as a seller (ask if you want a reference)! If you happen to be in the greater Phoenix-metro area, I'm willing to meet for a F2F hand-off (and no shipping cost).

And in case you're wondering, the Uberti is a near-exact replica of the Colt. The biggest difference is the barrel thickness at the muzzle (Colt's is way beefier), and Uberti has a brass trigger guard and backstrap. Actions feel quite similar, with the Colt being a bit smoother (neither has any work done), although the Uberti trigger breaks at just over 2 pounds, and the Colt's trigger breaks at just under 3 pounds.

colt-1862-poice-pocket-4.jpg
colt-1862-poice-pocket-3a.jpg
colt-1862-police-pocket-9a.jpg
colt-1862-poice-pocket-1.jpg
colt-1862-poice-pocket-2.jpg
colt-1862-poice-pocket-5.jpg
colt-1862-poice-pocket-6.jpg
colt-1862-poice-pocket-7.jpg
colt-1862-poice-pocket-8.jpg

Last edited:
Hello BPW!

In addition to the SN markings, there are other stamps:
- Colt's address on top of the barrel
- "36 cal" (left side of frame)
- "COLTS PATENT" (also one left side of frame)
- "PAT SEPTEMBER 10th 1850" (in a cylinder flute)

I don't know if these markings mirror what's on original versions.

Greg

20220228_114244.jpg
20220228_114329.jpg
20220228_114421.jpg

I too bought the uberti!

Does the colt 62 police have the colts patent stamp on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back