• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Colt 1849 Pocket Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. Looking to purchase a Colt 2nd. Gen. Model 1849 revolver. Any condition. Does not need to be new and I don't necessarily need the box. Price negotiable on condition. Thanks for considering.
James

Thank you for sharing. Nice pistol. I am actually looking for a Colt 2nd Gen. I understand they are Italian made.
James

Also, the only 31 cal 2nd gen revolver produced was the Baby Dragoon. The 1849 pocket wasn't reproduced until the 3rd gen Signature Series starting in 1994. I have several books by Dennis Adler Johnny Bates& Mike Cumpston and others that tell the true story of the Colt 2nd and 3rd Generation revolvers. There is a lot of baloney spread on these forums that is untrue.

Last edited:
Why would someone respond via pm like this. I call BS. If not post your pics please.
James
Screenshot_20211130-170839.png

They might post it because they honestly don't know what they have. They may be a scammer. Demand pictures from him before you call me a liar. Here's some pictures from Dennis Adler's book from me.
1638318541536.jpeg
1638318584298.jpeg
1638318642974.jpeg

The first page is ALL of the 2nd generations made and the only 31 is the Model 1848 Baby Dragoon.Those pages are listings of the models produced. Go to the thread about 2nd and 3rd generation Colts put up an hour ago and watch the video for more info.

Last edited:
Probably a scam but you get older folks that don't know how to upload
photos-- and also that do not know exactly what they have. They need to
ask a Grandkid to help.
Well William, grandpa would have come back and said he couldn't post photos or that he didn't know what he had. This scammer chose to not reply at all. Look at his profile and check on what scammer's profiles look like. He wanted to fleece James and was found out. I was accused of BS and I really didn't like that much, but I am glad he didn't rook James.

Last edited:
Back